Saturday, August 21, 2010

Holy cheesenips!

:)Hey guys!(:

I haven't posted in such a long time and it sure does feel good to do that now, haha. Did school already start for you guys?

That's actually why I posted this. I think everyone is well aware that I'm going to a freshman, or in your words, a freshie haha. I'm starting school on Wednesday, so the 25th! <3 I'm super excited but nervous all at the same time. I've seriously gone crazy...I miss school and the loads of homework that I started and finished my sister's summer reading homework. How extreme is that?! I probably should have mentioned that I LOVE school! But back to the point, I'm very nervous. I mean high school is a big step and I'm not sure I'm ready to take that huge step since high school is all serious and stuff. How was your freshmen year? Any words of wisdom to pass down to me? I know that Heather gave me some advice, but what do you guys think? :-P

~Merisa

8 comments:

  1. Freshman...so that's Grade 9, right? (In Canada high school starts in Gr. 10, and we don't call it freshman/junior etc.)

    But words of advice for starting high school: it sounds corny, but just be yourself. It's so true. You want to find friends that you actually like. Also, don't be afraid to talk to people and make new friends. If you're worried about the amount of schoolwork, don't be. At least for me, it wasn't that big of a change, and you sound like you work hard, so you'll be fine.

    But just enjoy it. It's four years of your life that you aren't going to get back, you might as well have fun. Don't worry; you'll be fine.

    Oh my God, that sounded so cliche and lame. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, cliche maybe, but also completely correct. (:
    Except my high school actually starts in grade nine, and I'm in Ontario. In Nova Scotia it's grade ten though. That's what I was expecting, at least, until we moved here.

    And I basically already told you everything I can think of at the present time - so, yeah, good luck, and have fun(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Okay, I guess not ALL of Canada then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. It's a little hard because I have no idea what a freshman, we start highschool here in year 7, which is 12-13.

    One thing I can say though: Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! :) And yes, the first year in high school is grade nine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I started high school on Thursday. [Haha, I'm a freshie like you.]
    It isn't all that bad. It's like a really big junior high. I actually have a blog and a couple of my posts are about my "high school experience" if you care to check it out.
    http://specialagentlina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lina: It was so good! <3 I loved the warning part at the end, LOLOL!

    ReplyDelete