Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nat: NaNo Day 2

How's everyone doing with their NaNoNovels (NaNoNo?)?



I completely switched my plot about 3 hours ago, which was not the wisest decision. I've just had to do lots of writing to make up for it.

I'm currently at 2436 words, but the night is still young. :)
I wish you all the best of luck. =)

[Edit]: Hi again, I'm at 3480 words now! Yay!

I also wrote a synopsis for the novel that I decided to write for NaNo. It is currently called 'Cipher,' it's an idea I've had for an incredibly long time. I told you guys about it briefly in, like, July of 2010, so I'm sure you could use a refresher.

Lucca.
It is the name of the most feared and despised - yet respected - city for miles around. The government-controlled, smoothly-operated society is an oasis, a haven in the midst of the chaotic and war-torn land surrounding it. It is the home of close to 12 million people - including 17 year old James Spencer.
James has lived in Lucca all his life, and sees nothing wrong with the strange ways that the society is run. He knows nothing other than the strange symbol markings that are tattooed on Lucca's inhabitants. James sees nothing wrong with the violence that is used to control the citizens, or the way they are treated like slaves. This is natural - its how life is in Lucca.
It isn't until two astonishing, life-changing events occur that James begins to realize the truth about his society - maybe there's a better way to live. He starts to ask questions, dangerous questions that attract the attention of the government.
How is the government controlling the citizens of Lucca? What truly goes on behind their closed doors? What are they hiding? And what do they want with James and his sisters?
These questions end up leading to places James never ancticipated - or wanted to go.
A kidnapping, a journey away from everything he knows, an unexpected friendship, and answers to questions James never even knew he had...


Opinions? Other title suggestions? I'm actually super stoked to write this for NaNo, I've got so many ideas floating around in my head.



1 comment:

  1. It sounds interesting, however I can't think of another title for you right now! :D NaNo's sucking for me right now. So far I have so many words done, it creates a total account of um... 0. Zero. Nix. None. Nada. Cero. Now, now I have a totally logical reason, and that reasoning is one word with two syllables. What is it? Homework. :/
    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete