Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cori: NO! INKPOP IS CLOSING!

It's the last day Dx!
I can't believe it's closing; to be honest, that seriously pisses me off. First they make the site, and it's totally awesome. Then they make the changes, and it gets a little iffy - there's tons of spammers, and a lot of the top five novels/poems/shorts are crap now. But the changes were still pretty cool (though I hate having to use scribd to "publish" my books).
And now they've sold themselves over to Figment. What the hell. (Pardon my language.)
I mean, I like Figment. I really do. But...there's something about the writers on that site that bugs me like crazy. They're not as...dedicated...to their writing. That's all I can really think to say; a lot of them have horrible grammar. They're not as publish-hungry as the users on inkpop are - and that was one of my favorite things about that site. The dedication.
And now we'll be losing that.
So goodbye, inkpop...I hope HarperCollins regrets her decision.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I heard about Inkpop I was really sad, but I love Figment personally and it'll be cool to see everyone on the same writing site. I know what you mean, but honestly I've found huge articulation in grammar on Figment... maybe it's just me and my luck. Sorry that Inkpop closed on you, I know how much you loved it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fine, Jamie. I got Caged - and all it's comments, SQEEE! - onto Figment. Hopefully, people will see how much the inkies loved my book, and THEY in turn will love it too. ;)
    Yeah, I got it all planned out. x)

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all works out for you! We need to get in touch again. To The Countdown needs to be worked on again! Agreed?

    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not like figment.

    I'm not a fan of the formatting, and it seems like most of the writers lack the dedication of Inkpop.

    I'm not impressed, honestly.

    And this comment makes me sound like a bitch... oh well! ;)

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand. I'm not obsessed with most writing sites personally. But I see your point of view. :) It doesn't make you sound like a bitch in my mind! :D

    ReplyDelete