Friday, June 18, 2010

Kas: Change is good... right?

So, as many of you know, i've been doing some major plot-changing with Malkini. Sad, i know. But it had to be done.

So, the only few changes im willing to confess to right now are:

As much as i love the name Carter Edwards, im just not sure it fits with the new setting of the story. So, *Sob*, I've changed it. My main character's name is now Aria Laurel. I actually really, really, love it. :D

Okay, other changes include... A few new characters. Talon, Asher, Arabella, Marcus, Lucinda, Lance, and Valio. Yeah, thats more than a few. Haha. But some have miniscule parts in the novel. :D

Uhmm... theres a change of scenery, but im not telling it yet, it would give away a lot of the plot changes. And for now, im keeping them just for me... and Maiah. Haha.

The entire middle portion of the plot had changed. The first part is the same, but pretty much everything but the ending has changed immensly. :D

Everything that still happens. That ive written already, at least.. Haha.
- The forest scene with Silas. (First chapter.)
- The Nasral Attack.
- Her dream about the Cliff and strange boy. (Beginning of ch 2.)

Wow, umm, i guess thats it. Haha. I thought this list was going to be a lot longer... hahaha. Also, everything i listed has changed a bit, im going through and editing my new plot developments into what ive already written, instead of re-writing.

So, she no longer goes to school. Shane & Juliette are no longer in the story. Silas doens't go to school either.. obviously. haha. And she no longer lives in the same place. I think that pretty much all i can tell you now.. but when i get what i already have edited correctly i'll post it on WOP and you'll be in on the secret :D

FYI: The only reason im not telling everyone is because the idea im putting in sounds really cheesy- in my head- and it doesn't sound like that in the story... so i just want you guys to read it, instead of me just telling you. :D

-K

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading your question the other day on Y!A, and I'm guessing this is what it's about...? It doesn't sound cheesy at all! I'm gonna miss the old story though... but the new name's pretty great :P. Anyway, good luck with it all and I can't wait to read it(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! totally forgot i posted that... oops.

    I've actually just finished putting the finishing touches on Ch 1. Even though im sure i'll edit/ attack it again before i think its good enough, i've already posted it on WOP. Ahh. Haha. So your welcome to read it. Its got the same title as the old ch 1. (The Forest.) so, yeah.

    The same thing pretty much happens. But there are a lot of new and fresh details about that little plot development in there. I've added soem new dialogue and description too, haha. so hopefully it wont be jdgbefefhfbhdfgfh sorry there was a bug in my keyboard and i had to kill it, but as i was saying, hopefully it wont be too boring for you to read it for like the tenth time. :D

    I have a feeling this is going to be a really long comment once i post it...

    ReplyDelete