Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heather: I Hate to Draw Things Out But...

Alright so, I don't want to start drama, or be mean, honestly I don't.

But Sarah, (and I do know I commented, but I commented on the content, not the post itself) I just have one thing I want to say, because I was talking to Kas, about it and I hate feeling like I'm talking behind a person's back, so I just want to tell you what I think.

I think that your opinions are your own and I cannot condemn them, even though they are not like mine. I just wanted to say that while you didn't know about Sage's parents, or Ned's aunt, or Nicole's mother's friend, but you did know that Cori has a girlfriend. You did know that Brandon, a previous member of this blog, is gay, and you did know that he is my friend. The reason that most upsets me about your post is not the content, but that you were willing to hurt people with it.

You knowingly hurt people with that post, and that in itself is wrong.

You don't need to apologize for your beliefs, but you need to own up to hurting people. As mush as I did not like your post, you can't just delete it without owning up to it. That bothers me.

I really, really like you Sarah, you're an amazing writer, and you are my friend, but I would feel wrong if we just act like it never happened- because that bothers me. If you can make that post, and delete it, then you should own up to knowing you would hurt people in the process.

I'm sorry if that was rude, or mean, or unnecessary, but I just wanted to get that out of my system.

So, on a final note, I'm going to make an assumption, if I'm wrong, I apologize in advance, and please, do correct me. But you made a facebook status yesterday about being falsely persecuted- it was a quote from the bible, and I couldn't help but think that that was hypocritical. You stated your opinion, in a way with the potential to hurt people on this blog that you knew were gay, or cared for someone who was gay, where as we just stated our opinions. My comments weren't directed to hurt you, and when I read it over and tried to think of why it might, I came up with nothing- it was simply my opinion, and scientific fact. So please, instead of making a facebook status on being persecuted (by which persecuting the opinions and feelings of everyone on this blog) think for a minute on that.

I'm really, really, really sorry if this post hurt you in anyway shape or form, but I just wanted to say that I think you need to own up to it, not just delete it. I do consider you my friend, I do think you're nice, and funny, and a great writer, but I just couldn't let that go unsaid.

That's the last I'll say on it all, because I don't want to draw it out more.

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment