Monday, June 27, 2011

Kas: So, it seems i missed Sarah's post?

Alright, so it seems that I missed some big debacle yesterday on one of the more controversial posts SAAWAKM has seen.

Heather filled me in on what happened, and even though Sarah deleted her post, I found it on Google Reads (Which documents all of our recent posts, along with other websites i follow, so that i can basically check them all at one time.) and honestly, I was offended.

Now, I wasn't actually as offended by what she said, as much as the way she said it.

Sarah, in your post you came across very stand-off-ish. Almost as if this topic were something that we had all been discussing and arguing over for weeks and you needed to defend your side of the argument, which is not the case. I feel like you just rolled in and starting trying to force your ideas on us, despite already knowing our opinions on the matter.

Yes, yes, you are very much entitled to your opinion, but was that really the way, or place, to do it? I mean, you stated in the post that you already knew how we felt about this topic, so what was your goal here? It almost seems as though you were looking for a fight.

Honestly, I feel like what you said was extremely insensitive. Cori has a girlfriend, who she talks about all the time and Sage has two moms (which I actually didn't know before this... Haha) How did you think they were going to react to what you said?

And again, you said that you "aren't some 'brainwashed' kid, who agrees to everything her mommy and daddy say. " So... my only question is, who accused you of being one? You came on SAAWAKM yesterday knowing that what you would say would offend us, yet you created and posted it anyway. Why?

Opinions are a good thing to have, Sarah, and i'm glad you think for yourself, but don't use your opinions to belittle someone else's, especially when those people are your friends. It was rude to come to place that is supposed to be accepting and treat people with such disrespect and inconsideration for their personal views. Despite our opposite views, we have never tried to force our ideas down your throat before... So, excuse me, but get your hand out of my windpipe.

Edit: I just re-read this post, and it turned out a bit more hostile than i had originally intended. Sorry. i just wanted her to know why i feel the way if eel about her post, without saying anything negative about her beliefs. Which, I hope I did. Now, I wasn't able to read the comments on Sarah's post, so she may have already addressed some of these questions. I'm just saying what I thought whenever I read the post alone. Sarah, I don't want you to think that we all hate you now, because that is absolutely not the case. No matter what your views and opinions, you're still an amazing writer and an awesome addition to SAAWAKM.

-K



No comments:

Post a Comment