Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kas: Ned! and New Method...

Ned! Haha. Your shirt should be here tommorrow, hopefully, but i ahve to wait until monday to send it to you, since the post office isnt open until then. Sigh. Im excited! Haha. If yours is completely awesome i know im going to have to buy myself one... Haha

Also, i ahve created a new method! And, since you guys liked my last one so much, i thought i'd share the new one. :)

Okay, so this one is pretty much just to help me with my whole "Writing out of order thing." So im not sure how much help it will be to you guys, except maiah, since she was goign to do the same thing...

Alright, so im weird and i liek to make very detailed outline of my story, maiah knows, i made her read one once. So i did that witht the new version of malkini. At first, i was just planning on picking a random scene out of the outline and writing it. Well, i tried that, and i ended up picking a really exciting scene, and then i realised if i did it like that, i would end up writing the good parts and then have nothing but the slower stuff left.

So, i was reading through, trying to find something not as important, when i ahd an idea. So, i went through and picked out each scene and highlighted it in a color. Throughout the entire outline. I only used 5 colors though, and i made sure to keep them in an order. Like This...

So, now, every scene in my outline is a color, and what i plan to do, is pick a color, and go through and write every scene highlighted in that color. That way, im skipping around, but i dont just writing all the good parts first. :)

I dont know if this really helps you guys at all. Writing out of order probably isnt even somethign some of you want to do, but i think it will really help me. :)

-K

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome sdfjhaudg43oiutndskn. I think I'm gonna go do that now (first I have to write a detailed outline though, which was something I needed to do anyway).

    I've never really written out of order before except for a few small scenes, but writing in order hasn't really worked so far, so I'll give anything a go(:

    ReplyDelete