Friday, September 10, 2010

Nicole: Missing the point? - Serious time.

Alright, I think we need some serious time. I remember we had a discussion last month about saving SAAWAKM and we had all these plans like the challenge, etc, but I feel like it hasn't helped that much. I think we might be missing the point to a writing blog.

I've asked numerous questions that are actually about writing, and they don't get answere. I'm not trying to say that I'm so important everybody should make commenting on my posts a priority or anything, I've seen it on other posts as well (like reading their writing, etc). I'm not innocent in all of this, either, I'll admit it. But to me, SAAWAKM should feel like a writing family, but at the moment it just doesn't feel like that (to me, anyway).

Maybe it's just with the resignations, but I dunno, it still feels like we're using this site mainly for social networking or blogging in general.

I love you guys and this blog, but I still think we're missing the point to it. Does anybody else feel like this?

4 comments:

  1. ...I do. I think, like you said, that we need to be like one big family and help each other out with the writing, and answer lots of questions and get to know each other! Because this is basically a one-time opportunity, and lots of us are wasting it. We all need to buck up and be really good writing friends again!!!

    This is Cori, btw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I make some really... pointless posts - but I had actually been thinking the exact same thing.
    I almost made a post about it yesterday. Haha. :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. So I think we need to come up with some solution to this problem. Although I don't want to lose the aspect of socializing and getting to know each other, because that's a big part of it for me, too.

    Maybe we can suggest that everyone has to comment on any posts about writing, or each post we make has to contain something about our novels. Or maybe there are only so many pointless posts we're allowed to make...I don't know, these are just some suggestions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good.
    This is Cori, guys.

    ReplyDelete