Sunday, July 25, 2010

Heather: Crier


I love your cover Lina. :)
Okay, my little summary is in a previous post, and I don't care to rewrite it.
However, I do have two mini, and unedited excerpts. :)


Samuel Wolfe


He stared down at the blue substance dripping slowly off his fingertips in shock. Sam glanced back up at the boy in front of him, watching the same blue liquid stream down his face. The laughter that bubbled up in his chest was instantly quelled by the anger on the other boys face. “Shit.”
And Sam was off.


-


Maxine Winters


“David! Dave, stop!” Maxine pushed harshly against her boyfriend's grip.
His grip tightened and his brown eyes narrowed. “Shut up, Max.” His voice was low; dangerous.
“Dave, please–” Her voice cut off as the back of his hand connected with her face. Warm red liquid oozed out of her throbbing nose. Ripping her arms out of her boyfriend's grip, Maxine gave him one final, tear stained glance.
And then she ran.

5 comments:

  1. [Lina]
    So in Samuel's POV, I read the bolded text first. "And Sam was off." Hahahahaha. Ha. Ha. Ha....
    It was funnier the first time. :P

    Anyway, "...fingertops[,] in shock" - I don't think that comma is needed there.

    " Warm red liquid oozed out of her throbbing nose. Blood." - Is it really necessary to tell us the warm red liquid was blood? Because it's kind of obvious. I mean, what other warm red liquid would be coming out of someone's nose? [Besides heated up Kool-Aid of course.]

    And I think I'm going to start charging for my covers. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;P

    Like I said, unedited.

    And I fixed it. Just for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I almost wet myself I want to read this so much. If you want somebody to read what you've written for you, just email me because I would love to help *cough* not just because I really want to read it *cough* >:P

    Haha, I don't know if you realise but Maxine (Max) Winters is my protagonist from Blood Splattered Feathers :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Sam sounds hot. he better be hot(;

    ReplyDelete