Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nat: Broken Promises



I loved them both, of that I was certain. I would gladly die for them, sacrifice myself. But I was faced with this unfair choice that I had to make, and with my choice would come the end of one of their lives.
I looked from face to face, from one pair of crystal blue eyes to the next. I could see the longing there, and the love. But I could also see the acceptance. If you don’t choose me, I’ll understand, they seemed to say.
My heart was breaking, and I longed to tell them that I would choose them both if I could.
“I’ve made my decision,” I announced, and a single tear slid down my cheek.


*

Aubrey Sterling’s life is torn apart when her beloved boyfriend, Nick, disappears. She will do whatever it takes to get him back. But Aubrey never expected the truth: that she will be given a choice, a choice that she never wanted to make. Her choice will determine Nick’s fate – and her own.
Little does Aubrey know, she is part of an ancient prophecy that names her as Lady Rose. She is one of the Promised Ones, who are prophesied to overthrow the dictator of a world called Gavriel.
Wanted by many, and hunted by some very dangerous people, Aubrey takes a journey across Gavriel to find Nick, never knowing about the danger that shadows her at every turn. Aubrey, however, is fighting her growing feelings for another boy, Caleb, and no longer knows what is right or wrong. Time is running out for them all.
How far would you go to save someone you loved? And what would you be willing to sacrifice?

4 comments:

  1. WOAH! You have to start writing...This is amazing...MOREEE THAN AMAZINGGG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen merisa. WOW is all i can say

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks guys. =)
    I wrote Chapter One last night - and I hate it already. But I'm not going to let myself edit until I've finished at least a few more chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds insanely good, I can't wait to read it :D! I really hope you decide to put it up on OSAAWAKMO (or w/e it's called ;P)

    ReplyDelete