Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sarah: Excerpt for you!

He leaned back up, smiling again and appearing almost sad, if he could appear such a thing. His hands gripped the blade tightly, squeezing the hilt to get a good grip. He poised it just over my heart, barley cutting the skin before he pulled back.

“I don’t think,” he said, twirling the knife in the dirt around my hair. “That one kiss would hurt. Do you?”

My chest was rising and falling quickly, adrenaline and something else rushing through my veins. The something else was heavy, weighing me down and clouding my thoughts. It registered only the pain in my chest from the small cut.

The leader laid a hand above the cut, right where my heart was pounding against my rib cage. He closed his eyes and inhaled, loving the vibrations it was sending into his hand.

“Listen to your fear,” he mused, barley moving his lips. “It won’t hurt that bad, dear.”

Ever so slowly, he inched closer. I was staring into his black eyes, the gold flicking again and again as he looked at me. I felt myself shrivel up inside as I stared into the darkness. It was death staring back at me.

The leader pressed his lips to mine, softly at first, and then very, very roughly. The something else in my blood took over, causing me to rise up and meet his kiss with as much passion my body could muster.

His hands curled themselves in my hair, pulling just a little. Then they were everywhere else: on my face, stroking my arms, cupping my neck. The something else in my blood became hot and sticky.

When he pulled back, he had a satisfied grin. I stared at him with cold, black hatred, whatever was inside of me dying again. It was being slowly extinguished like a fire.

The knife was poised just above my heart again, sharp and glimmering. My breathing was slower now, so he could hold it with just one hand.

“Don’t move, doll face.” He whispered. “It won’t be as painful.”

Despite his warning, I screamed as he drew back, the gold completely taking over his eyes now. They were bright yellow and full of hunger. The hunger for death.

And in one smooth and practiced motion, he drove the knife through my heart.




Okay, so that was my excerpt for you! Tell me what you think! And no, that's not the end. It's actually from the first chapter!

xoxox, S

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It better not be a dream! HAhaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. efkbbdsbfajsdfv. Wow, it definitely DEFINITELY left me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete