Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cori: Chapter nineteen!

There's going to be 20 chapters in Caged, and I'm on chapter 19 - woo! Nearly done! It's almost 12:40 right now, so if I finish it by 2:00, I'll be a very happy girl.

I've also managed to creep myself out with one of my descriptions. For some reason, I love doing that to myself; so I try to create the freakiest descriptions possible. It's kind of fun. The parade where they're going to assassinate the king of Xyren has just started in the chapter I'm on, and now Altrius has to get into position and shoot the guy in the head.

But the chapter isn't titled Operation Failed for nothing. Instead of shooting Tranton, the king, in the head, Altrius's body will be taken over by the voice in his head and he'll be forced to shoot himself instead. After getting out of that mess, he goes to steal the prophecy, which they've been after since the very beginning. But instead of the prophecy, the guy he hates most will be waiting for him. Chaos ensues.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with this chapter, I think. Also! The last line in chapter eighteen is one of my most favorites in the book. "He was saying goodbye and he didn't even know it."

Sounds kinda ominous, huh? Heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment