Saturday, June 9, 2012

Nat: Not sure how to word this...

So I haven't been posting for a while because I wasn't really sure how to say what I wanted to without sounding bitchy or whatever. So if I sound rude or negative, that's really not what I'm intending. I just have a few issues with the way we've been dealing with some things, and kind of want your guys' feedback.

Mostly I'm just talking about taking away people's pages. Something about this just doesn't feel right to me. I totally understand that we need to get people posting more often, but taking their pages away doesn't seem like the way to do that. This blog was something that has always been about friendship and doing things as a group. Giving ourselves the power to take something away from someone else is like saying that we're better than them, that we have more of a claim to this blog than they do. Which just isn't true at all. Personally, if my page got taken away, that would give me even less incentive to post. We have no idea what's going on in everyone's lives. People are busy, sometimes people are going through hard times and need to deal with it by taking a break, we really don't know. Friendship is a two way street, I get that, but we're supposed to support each other, and saying that we're going to "take away your privileges if you won't be our friend" seems juvenile and like the opposite of what a true friend should be doing.

Everyone on this blog has as much ownership as everyone else.

Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be, I guess Sage, Maiah, and Nicole should be the ones that really get the say in this matter, but something about it just feels wrong to me.

I don't know. I hope I articulated this in a way that made some sense. And I'd really like to get a conversation going about this. I hope I didn't offend anyone, because that really wasn't my intent.

-Nat

5 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound bitchy at all. I'm glad you said it.
    You did say you agreed with it at first though, when I asked everyone if they agreed or no. I'm not trying to blame you or anything, you had every right to change your mind. I just wanted to say I did ask (even though you didn't say that, I'm not trying to say you did.)
    I think you're right, though that wasn't really the intention. The intention was more to keep the blog moving, not lose friends (though arguably, we've already lost them).
    I actually have yet to take away Sage or Nicole's pages, so I'll just re-add Maiah's tomorrow. It was saved on my mom's computer.
    But I also think that it's unfair that they take up pages that new members might use, when none of them have been on the blog for at least three months, if not more.
    And you didn't offend me at all, I'm glad you said how you felt. If my comment makes sense, then hopefully you'll get that I'm sort of in the middle. But since it's not something everyone agrees with, I will re-add her page back tomorrow.

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the reasons I love this blog - everyone on here is so unlike everyone else on the Internet. We can actually have a discussion about things without it turning into a flame war.
    I know I did say that it was something worth trying, but the more I've realized that it's not working, the more I've been wondering about it. I agree with you about the pages, but until we actually add new members, we don't really need to worry about it. Also, if anyone else on here is very adamant that their pages stay gone - you have equally as much say.
    Alright I'll stop being annoying now and make more posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)
    We're all just awesome.
    I'll put her page back up now.
    Because you're right, too, it really hasn't been working.

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crap. Now I feel like a total bitch. You're right...though I didn't even think about being 'better than them.' If I hadn't been posting, I'm sure my page would have been taken away too. Even if Kas hadn't posted in a few months, her page would be gone as well. And she was one of the people who made the blog in the first place!
    So I get what you're trying to say, though I don't agree with a few of the things.

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not offended! I'm glad you voiced your opinion! I never looked at it the way you are now! I'm sort of neutral about the whole thing, but maybe that's just because I haven't been on here for as long as everyone else. Speaking of which, I made an interesting discovery today that it will be a year in August of me joining SAAWAKM with the rest of ya'll... I find that interesting! So yeah, I'll stop on my comment now. Whatever ya'll wish to try or do, I'll voice my opinion but I'll probably be open to it and just see what the after effect is! :)

    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete