Monday, June 18, 2012

Heather & Kas: Silver Characters.

Silver Roric:  She is the main character, obviously, because her name is the title. At the beginning of the book she is in training to become a spy for her country, Syrelia. However, she's highly impatient and decides to take her test before she should, and, ultimately, fails. She also happens to have an uncanny resemblance to the sickly princess of Syrelia. She is eventually given a mission, though, and is sent - unknowingly - to the country of Domane, where she is held captive because the Daemon royals believe she is the Syrelian princess. There she is brutally beaten and mistreated by her captors, except by the king's elusive nephew Sebastian. However, escape comes in the form of Grint, who whisks her off to the rebellion, where she is forced to think beyond herself, take orders, and earn the trust of the rebels and the Council. Easier said than done. Appearance: Silver eyes, long and wavy dark brown hair, she's tall, and she has whip scars spread all across her back, also, where the book ended, a stab wound in her shoulder, which will scar. 



Kingston Archard: He was a prodigy while in training, becoming a spy when he was barely sixteen. He's older now, and Silver, the spymaster's niece, is his best friend. Good fighter and strategist. When she gets kick out of training, he takes it upon himself to train her, and his methods are nothing if not totally unconventional. He also sneaks out of the city with her all the time to go to their private spot, which he himself had found. He leaves for a mission just before Silver is taken to Domane and doesn't make a reappearance until the end of Part 2. There is so much more we'd (at least I, Heather) would like to add, but can't because it would give stuff away. Appearance: Short, dirty blond hair, and green eyes, very tall and muscular, with a tan complexion. 


Sebastian Caradas: The nephew of the Domanean King, and second in the line of succession. His parents are dead, his father murdered and his mother of grief. He accepts the task of kidnapping the Syrelian princess from his uncle, in an attempt to please him. After taking Silver, they sail back to Domane, growing closer as the time passes. When they arrive, he uses his compulsion to get Silver off the boat, and thus breaks her trust. However, it is eventually regained as he teaches her how to swordfight and defend herself in new ways. He tries to protect her from his family, but ultimately fails. And when Silver is taken to the rebel base, Sebastian is not far behind. Appearance: Short black hair, pale complexion, eyes so dark they almost appear to be black, tall, a lithe sort of muscular,he has a thin scar extending along the left side of his face, from just above his eye, to his jaw, and a knife scar on his chest, barely missing his heart. 


Grint Cavnel:  Grint is the man rescues Silver from the the Domanean royals. He used to be a Syrelian spy, however while he was away his family was slain, and he was shown the cruelty of the king, thus prompting him to join the rebellion. He takes her with him in the middle of the night and protects her both when she is physically unable to fight, and when she doesn't want his protection. He ends up guiding her back to the rebel base, where she is met with a deep distrust, but he is regarded with great respect. He is a member of the council and the leader of rebel the spies. He also teaches Silver and helps her hone her skills, acting as her mentor, and standing up for her against the council. Very protective, loyal, and a good fighter. He is not at all fond of Sebastian. Appearance: Shaggy bright red hair, tall, lean, tan, scattered scars from the harsh life he has led. 


And then there's Leo who is not a main character but he is our Dumbledore equivalent (ahem, mine), so, uh, I love him! Even though he's old. Oh well!

So, this be Silver!

-H

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I basically just finished gushing all over Cori's character thing and now I'm afraid it's your turn. Again, I like love your book and I don't even know what it's about (I say "again" because I may be quoting myself directly from something I said to Cori). Your description here gave me a good idea, though, and I really like it. Also, your characters sound AWESOME and totally bad-ass and amazing. I am so glad you guys decided to post these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel - I totally want to read Silver now! Not that I didn't before, but now the urge to read it has returned tenfold haha!

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with both of them! I've been wanting to read Silver since I first heard about it, and now the want is back! Please! Once you guys finish editing send it to me! I'd love to read it!

    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to ask. Do you pronounce her last name like roar-rick? I find it humorous because about three years ago I used to have a character with that name! I think they're awesome descriptions by the way! I can't wait to read it!

    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwe, guys... :D

    Makin' me blush. ;)

    And, Kamie, yeah, but I tend to say (and think) it fast so in my head it ends up all messed up to 'Rorc' haha.

    -H

    ReplyDelete