Friday, June 15, 2012

Rachel: I am a loser

I'm a complete loser, since I am posting AGAIN about NOTHING. If you don't want to be bored to death, don't read on.

So I sat around and wrote all afternoon today, which for me is pretty much the best day ever even though my back hurts from sitting so much and I am all gross and disgusting now. Sadly it did not rain, but the day isn't over yet, so there's still time...

Jamie, we do totally need to work on Ember and whatever our book is with Phoenix and Lyric. I still really like those ideas and since we have all summer to chillax, we SHOULD. Soon. I'm free pretty much all the time except really early in the morning (why would we hang out early in the morning anyway?) and in the evening. So whenever you're free, I most likely will be, too!

In other news, my goat-milking career is taking off. The wonderful lady (that sounds like sarcasm, but it's not) who I am milking goats and taking care of chickens and turkeys for has talked about me to her neighbors, who would really like it if I could milk/take care of their animals as well. As it turns out, teenagers who know how to/are willing to milk goats are something of a rarity here in Bishop, so I may never have to seek an actual job again...not that I have, but whatever. Who needs college when you can just be a modern day farmer? I do. Ha. The only downside to any of this is something that isn't even a downside at all, but was more of a one-time kind of embarrassing incident. Darcie, the wonderful lady, mentioned that her neighbors were interested in training me, but my epilepsy came up. She said that people were wondering if I could start having a seizure or something while taking care of their animals. This is a very real possibility, but even if I did have a seizure it wouldn't matter because my seizures are very small and are basically not noticeable except for the occasional eye-roll or something, or so I have been told. I can be talking to you and have a seizure and you probably would not even notice if I didn't have to ask you to remind me what I was talking about. I totally understand people's concerns when it comes to caring for their animals, but that doesn't make the fact that they even have to worry any less embarrassing. It was just sort of an "I hate everything" moment.

On that cheery note, I'm going to draw this to a close. To make this happier, I have included a vaguely humourous picture of some lady milking a goat, since this is my life now...if I was a sad, colonial-esque woman. Who is blonde. 


  

5 comments:

  1. I like the picture haha.
    And, that really sucks - people shouldn't be worrying about whether or not your seizures will keep you from doing work. They should be worrying about the work you do when you're NOT having seizures.

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird, Heather and I's first novel (Which we got about 10,000 words into) was titled Ember. Haha.

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had no idea!!! :o should we change the name? I'm sorry!!

    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. No! Haha. It's fine. Our Ember got incorporated into Silver eventually, so it's not like we'll need the title. But, just to warn you, we did end up taking that main character, named Ember, and putting her into Silver... Haha.

    -K

    ReplyDelete