Monday, June 18, 2012

Rachel: More pointless post-age

Well, I've got some time to kill before I have to play my trombone for three hours starting at six (I'm in too many old man bands...) so I thought I might as well post about nothing again. I really shouldn't do this unless I actually have something to say, but that's never stopped me before, so here we go again.

I'm super sore because my family (my brother, my dad, and I again) went for an intense hike and climbed Mt. Dana in Yosemite. I don't know if any of you have done that one, but it's three short miles of pure uphill madness. It took us two and a half hours to complete, and there wasn't a trail for most of the way so we had to climb a lot of boulders and scramble over a lot of shale and scree...hence my soreness. It was good training for Mt. Whitney, though, so it was totally worth it. Also, it was a ton of fun since, as you may not have gathered from my last post including my father and brother, we are total weirdos. It took us awhile to track down some actual people, and it seems like as soon as we did we started being majorly obnoxious, like always. Know what my brother shouted from the top of that mountain?

"Mt. Dana is my BITCH!"

Know what my father shouted from the top of that mountain?

"Mt. Dana is GAY!"

Know what I DID at the top of that mountain? Laughed my freaking head off. I know that that sounds a lot more immature that it is funny, but I am a teenager and can therefore laugh at such things. Also, when your usually somewhat introverted father starts yelling how gay everything is (he seems to do this whenever we hike) it is quite humourous. We had a grand old time, let me tell you. All of the people that we blew past on the way up, however, turned back before they reached the top. This may have had something to do with us, yes, but it probably had more to do with the grueling last stretch. This is what I will keep telling myself.

Anyway, I have to go call my mom and see if I should start making myself dinner before I have to go play in two different bands (DAMN MONDAYS). Thank you for reading through another entirely useless post.

-Iridian

6 comments:

  1. Actually, I think that sounds super awesome!

    :D

    -H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was quite a good time. I love hiking with my dad--he turns into such a spazoid.

      Delete
  2. You're lucky, Rachel. I can't go rock climbing in any form because of my phobia of certain textures - I'm physically unable to touch most rocks haha. If I ever go mountain or rock climbing, I'll have to wear very thick gloves.

    That sounds very funny, though! I can imagine my family doing that too.

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been up to Mt. Dana, but then again I've never been to Yosemite... I still can't believe that! Lol! And I have been welcomed into the Big Band also, so I get to add that onto my very busy Monday... Fun....

    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be prepared for the most intense sight reading experience of your LIFE! And I'm going to get you up to Yosemite if it's the last thing I do. It's got to be one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

      Delete
    2. Haha! Alright! I trust you on bringing me up there sometime! xD And I can imagine! From what I've heard, it's hard but fun!

      -Kamie

      Delete