Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cori: It's finally over!

That freaking birthday party is finally over and done with. It turned out to be a complete disaster! This morning, about two hours before the party began, it seemed like the perfect day. Sunny, not a single cloud, and little to no breeze. My mom and I were ecstatic.

So we get everything set up, things look fantastic...and as soon as the first guest arrives dark clouds come and extremely strong winds blow the cupcakes all over me. And, well, pretty much everything else. I was knocked over by the force of it and all of the party stuff went everywhere.

Later on, after it gets done raining (yeah, it started raining, which I kind of brought upon us since I am a pessimist and predicted a thunder storm), my mom is about to bring out the cake for Zack and Preston, when she suddenly trips over a table. She may have broken her leg...we're not sure. I'm really hoping that she's okay.

The cake lived.

Then my mom had a small breakdown in the kitchen because it was all ruined, I had to comfort her, then it was sunny again and my grandparents came and everything was fine. Then I was turned into a sort of waitress, bringing out snacks and drinks for all the guests. It was kind of fun.

Then I went inside and watched golf with my grandpa, who is totally awesome and let me snuggle with him on the couch. He even petted my hair. =D

So now it's over, and I'm getting ready to write a little bit of Caged. My cat is sitting on my lap and gnawing on my cell phone. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment