Monday, June 18, 2012

Corinne: My phobia!

I felt like using my full name today, haha.

Guess what? For the first time in a very long time, we've had 40 posts in a single month...and that month isn't even over yet. I'm really glad that Jamie came here, and that she invited Rachel here too. It's made a huge difference!
All right. So Rachel said in her last post that she had gone mountain climbing. I can't believe I've never told you guys this (have I?), but I have a phobia of textures. An honest-to-god phobia - as in, I will get horribly nauseous and have a panic attack if I touch something that I can't handle. Sometimes I'll even throw up.

It makes life kind of difficult for me. In art class, I can't do some of the things that the others can. I can't handle clay, because dry clay is too rough. I can't touch dried paint. I can't touch rust, as well as most rocks. I can't even touch the walls in my house. Sandpaper is a big no-no. Some forms of wood are bad too.

Strange, isn't it? Truthfully, I can't understand it myself. All my life, it's been like that. Lately, I've been developing a new little phobia: I can't have things touching my nose. I've had that for a long time too, but it's only lately gotten worse. My nails are the same. Nobody can touch them but me.

On that cheerful note, Jamie and I are writing down different plots for TTC! We're going to be working on it very soon; I can't wait! TTC is going to be awesome.

5 comments:

  1. I think you've told me about that before! :D And yes! TTC will be amazing! We also need to work on charrie resumes for our new charries once we figure out the basic plot!! :D

    -Kamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, seeing as the basic plot has been figured out, let's get started on those charrie resumes, shall we? xD

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, my brother has a version of that texture phobia, too! I've never heard of it before, but if you also have complaints, it must be a legitimate thing. His isn't as intense as yours, but there mere sight of certain patterns and things freaks him out. It's so interesting that you also have texture issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? It's so strange...I don't know why I freak out, but I just do. So your brother has it too...weird! Haha. What affects him?

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to vary. There was dirt on his leg the other day and he was like AAAAAHHH! Not because he's afraid of dirt, but because it was in a weird pattern. It's so odd!

      Delete